2. Friends who have loved me well in the midst of my journey.
3. Evelyn Bailey, my dad’s widow. She has been one of my best friends. And I miss her dearly. I think I need a road trip to Denver to spend time with her.
4. Precept Ministries and all that I have learned through their studies. Plus I have made some awesome new friends while there for summer and fall study programs!
5. Rain. I love flowers and trees and tricking streams and the smell after rain has fallen.
6. Jelly beans. Except the black ones. I don’t like the black ones. That’s why I like Walgreen’s brand: no black ones. Black jelly beans are gross. I am not thankful for black jelly beans.
7. Rotisserie Chicken.
8. Socks. I love cute socks!
9. My kids’ friends. I love having them come over. Seems like as my kids grow up and move away, so do their friends. I miss the loud noise of big parties.
10. Beautiful music. All kinds.
11. The privilege of home schooling
12. The Comforter (John 16:7-15)
What are you thankful for?
The Accident that killed our son was on August 12. For months after The Accident, I dreaded the 12th. But I have decided to be grateful for what I have rather than constantly mourn those who have gone to Heaven before me. So now, on the 12th of each month, I will make a list of at least a dozen things I am grateful for.