4. Grieving people have a deep desire to discover some meaning and purpose in their loss.
- After a loss, grievers often feel driven to do something to memorialize their loved one.
- Most parents love to hear stories of how their child’s life was meaningful to others.
- As grievers move forward toward healing, many will become the most effective people in the church at reaching to others who are experiencing loss.
- For us, we have a deep desire not to waste the storm God allowed to come into our lives. The experiences God give us define us as individuals and shape our ministries.
FINAL THOUGHT –We want to give people plenty of room to be sad, but we want to walk with them in the expectation that God will bring healing in their lives.
- We don’t want them to become stuck in their sadness, but to come out of it:
- Strengthened in their faith in God
- Deepened in their understanding of Scripture
- Better equipped to serve others
If you have experienced the death of a child may I introduce you to While We’re Waiting? They are a faith-based ministry to bereaved parents. You can find them on Facebook and at www.whilewerewaiting.org