November is next month. Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday. So, of course, a bazillion people will do a Gratitude or Thanksgiving challenge on social media starting November first.
- One thing you are grateful for each day. Days 1-30. Thirty days.
- Choose something that starts with the letters of the alphabet in order. A-Z. 26 days.
- On Instagram post a picture each day of what you are thankful for.
- Like my post and I’ll assign you a letter. Each day post something that starts with that letter. Or contains that letter.
- Start with the first letter of your first name. The first day name something you are thankful for that starts with that letter. The next day, the second letter. And so on.
I chose to start posting Twelve Things I Am Grateful for on the 12th fifteen months ago. I choose to be grateful everyday, not just on the 12th of each month or in the month of November.I choose to be grateful even when I am hurting, sad, or facing trials, Gratitude is a choice.
Coming up with 12 things I am grateful for is easy, but coming up with 12 things each month that I haven’t already mentioned is a challenge! Keeping track of what I already listed is a challenge!
I will continue to choose gratitude. I am thankful for many things. (And I may repeat a few in my posts.) Writing down what I am grateful for reminds me how blessed I am on even on the rough days.
I encourage you to pick a number between one and thirty-one. Then make your own list on that date each month. Maybe you could share your list with me. I’d love to read what others are grateful for.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:15-17 | NIV