Twelve things. Gratitude. I’ve chosen gratitude for many months. Years, in fact.
When I first started this monthly list, I thought I might run out of things to share. But choosing gratitude, over time, has made my list grow longer! I’m constantly finding new things to be grateful for.
Here is my list this morning.
- Folks who share their hope with others rather than just moving on without reaching back.
- Candles. Of all kinds.
- Warm, crackling fire on a cold December evening.
- The sounds of my husband chopping veggies for healthy soup while I rest.
- Toffee covered pretzels.
- My adult kids doing well in their chosen fields.
- Soft tissues that come in pretty boxes.
- Friends who pray for me on rough days.
- Forgiveness. Given to others because God forgave me.
- Forgiveness. Given to me by others I love when I mess up.
- New lights on my old Christmas tree.
- Four new stockings hanging by the fire. I just got around to ordering them for our grandchildren this year.
What are you thankful for today? Even if you are hurting, if someone hurt you, there are still things in your life you can be grateful for. What are they?
The Accident was on August 12, 2013. For months the 12th brought me to tears. Then, about a year later, I decided to choose gratitude and healing rather than sorrow. Thus “Twelve Things I am Thankful for on the 12th”