Three years ago, I decided to stop letting the 12th be a terrible day.
I would no longer see it only as the day The Accident happened or the last day he was alive. (Due to the remote location and late hour, they were declared dead on August 13.)
I would “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 | ESV)
I would choose to be grateful.
Every month since then I’ve posted Twelve Things I’m Grateful for on the 12th.
Here is my original list. I’m still grateful for these twelve things.
- God so loved me that He gave His son to die for me. My sin is forgiven. And I have become the righteousness of God through Christ.
- My amazing husband. A great provider and godly hunk. A man who makes me laugh, and holds me when I cry. He tells me his thoughts and listens to mine.
- My seven children. They are all wonderful. I have loved watching them grow into the adults they have become.
- I got to be Andrew’s mom for 20+ years.
- My friends who love me well.
- Precept Bible studies that help me learn the Word.
- Sarah, my friend and trainer. And the ability to move, train and become stronger.
- A car in which to safely travel the country. I love road trips!!
- My home. Lovely and big enough to hold my family, yet cozy enough to truly feel like home.
- The opportunity to home school. I got to spend great times with my kids and see them learn cool stuff.
- My sweet, stupid dogs.
- Good books. I adore reading and learning new stuff.
Please comment with a few (or twelve) things you are grateful for.