The past few weeks have been a bit stressful. I’m preparing for the Precept Ministries International Women’s Conference in about a week. I’ll be sharing my testimony of God’s grace in my life the past five years.
Here are some things I’m grateful for as I prepare:
- Friends who encourage me and pray for me
- Bible Gateway. An online Bible study tool
- MS Word. And the ability to copy/paste, delete, and edit.
- Time out with my husband. We went to Oklahoma for the weekend. To see Peter. We had a great time.
- Getting to see Peter cheer, even though OU lost
- Geek Seats. An app where we found great seats at a great price!
- Seeing my childhood friend Jan. A remarkable woman I hadn’t seen in three decades. Her house was one where I felt safe and loved.
- Spending Sunday afternoon with Pam, a friend I met at the spring study program. We talked for four hours!
- Tommye. One of the PMI staffers who tells me I’m loved every time we talk, email, or text.
- AirB&B. I’m staying an extra week in Chattanooga to care my daughter. She’s having shoulder surgery the Tuesday after the conference. I found a cute house for us to stay in for the week on AirB&B
- My friends Libby and Vicky who are driving to Chattanooga with me!
- All that God has done in and through me these five years. He prepared me for a series of storms. He was with me through every part of the storms. He’s teaching more everyday.
The Accident happened on August 12, 2013. Because of the late time and remote location, they were declared dead 8/13/13. The first ten months I found myself depressed in the days leading up to the 12th. Then, in the eleventh month – July of 2014 – I decided to choose gratitude. I wrote my first list of Twelve Things I’m Grateful for on the 12th. I’ve written a monthly gratitude post ever since.