You may have noticed I’m posting scripture memes each day. It’s Valentines Month. The scriptures I’m using all speak of love – the Father’s love for us or how we are to love one another.
Love doesn’t always look as I would want; sometimes God’s love includes discipline and correction. He loves me enough to change me, to conform me to the image of His Son. The love I receive from family and friends may also include honest correction. I need not only encouragement and affirmation from those who love me, I too often need gentle restoration and correction.
I am grateful that
- God loved me when I was dead in my transgressions and sin.
- He forgave me and cleansed me from all unrighteousness.
- He gave us His Word so we can understand who He is, what He does, what He promises, and how we can live it out.
- He is conforming me to the image of Jesus.
- I am surrounded by people who love me.
- My close friends are willing to call me on things when I’m wrong.
- My friends who are spiritual are willing to gently restore me when I veering off into sin.
- Their love for God overflows onto me and others around them.
- My husband loves me even when I’m not lovely or lovable, like when I was sick last week.
- My adult offspring love me and have forgiven me for my failings as their mom.
- They acknowledge that we all need second and third chances.
- I am loved with and everlasting love.
The Accident happened on August 12, 2013. Because of the late time and remote location, they were declared dead 8/13/13. The first ten months I found myself depressed in the days leading up to the 12th. Then, in the eleventh month July of 2014, I decided to choose gratitude. I wrote my first list of Twelve Things I’m Grateful for on the 12th. I’ve written a monthly gratitude post ever since