When I arrived home this afternoon, I found the caregiver sitting on the porch swing with E. They sat there an hour until it was time for the caregiver to leave. Before leaving the caregiver apologized for not cleaning E’s bathroom.
It is tiny bathroom that takes like 20 minutes at most up clean! She was here FOUR HOURS! What was she doing that she couldn’t get it done????
Well, she was…..
- Helping E fold her laundry.
- Helping E put up her laundry.
(Laundry would have taken 15 minutes if she’d done it herself. Instead it took her 45 minutes to help E. And they laughed and listened to music while doing it.)
- She helped E get ready to leave the house.
- She drove E downtown to an exercise class. She helped E check in at community center and helped her find the classroom. Then did 45 minutes of exercise. She did the whole class right next to E. Standing within six feet to be close in case E stumbled.
- After class she made/encouraged/cajoled E into walking a full mile. The community center has a circular hallway. Ten laps equals a mile. They did all ten. E kept saying, “We are going to find a way out of here aren’t we??”
- She drove E home taking a scenic route through a local park.
- When they got home she got E water and a snack then sat on the porch swing with E for an hour. Watching Molly and the birds and enjoying creation.
Yup. I’m cleaning the bathroom tomorrow. Gladly.